professorbrass asked: Will your book CUTTINGS be available to the public for purchase? Because I missed the kickstarter and would love to be able to obtain a copy in the future!
Definitely, once the Kickstarter rewards are mailed out! I’d say Fall or Winter 2014!
blacksunshine asked: why did you guys decide to disable comments on JW? also, hope to run into you at some con some point in the future (so far i've typically gone to Dragon*Con and HeroesCon, hoping to expand that!)
Hey! Two reasons for disabling comments,
- We reached a threshold on JW & freelance work and don’t have the time to check/moderate comments at the moment.
- More importantly: The site wasn’t built to handle the increase in traffic, so we switched the comments off for more aggressive caching (faster loads).
If you want to leave a comment, twitter or tumblr is the best place for it for the time being!
This year we’re only slated to do SPX— we’ve definitely talked about HeroesCon in the past, maybe in 2015!
vitupera asked: Are you going to have a JW booth at any upcoming cons in 2014?
The only one we have slated is SPX! We miiiight get another one in there, we’ll talk about it if we can make it happen.
We cut back on shows this year in order to focus on finishing up all the work that piled up the past few years… hopefully we’ll ramp up on conventions in 2015.
I want to go curl up in a hole, but I feel like it’s my responsibility to address some things first (some are more important that others):
- I work on Adventure Time, not Clarence.
- I’m a storyboard revisionist, not a storyboard artist.
- I did not personally act to get Skyler fired. Cartoon Network made that decision on their own without involving me, and the situation between Skyler and I was not the only reason for his termination.
- Clarence will continue without him. it hasn’t been canned. nobody should boycott the show, it has a great staff.
- Skyler didn’t rape me. this is a really messed up rumour that needs to stop being propagated. sexual assault does not equate rape.
- I’ve heard a lot about how people just assumed that girls knew to stay away from him. I didn’t. I hadn’t even met him before; a lot of us didn’t go to CalArts, guys, and we need to work harder to keep each other safe. a lot of other women have come to me in private with really similar stories. we need to stop letting this happen.
- that Cartoon Brew article is gross and sensationalist (“exclusive!!! wow!”), it’s a decent compilation of information but please stop spreading it if you have some other option.
- Jeff Rowe made an important post about Skyler’s mental health: http://jeffrowegifs.tumblr.com/post/90700109592/skyler-page
- Emily Quinn tacked some more important stuff onto his statement: http://emilord.tumblr.com/post/90707412751
- despite my anger, I really hope that this dude gets help. I’m incredibly hesitant to lay all of his behaviour on mental illness after hearing (private) accounts of people’s personal experiences with him, but I’m not a doctor, nor do I know him personally.
- no matter what side you’re on or what you believe, please don’t be an asshole.
i don’t know if its because i haven’t been paying enough attention on tumblr but i haven’t seen anything about this on here yet. just a heads up if you didn’t know about this.
I can vouch for this being true, although out of respect for the affected party no names can be mentioned. Skyler Page is a dangerous man who has done this way more than once.
This happened to a friend of mine, and all I can do is tell people.
the six-fingered goddess. ballpoint pen, photoshop.
Colored a tiny drawing from my sketchbook.
Catching up on asks. Some of these are a few months old, super embarrassing— my tumblr time is for an hour or so in the morning when I drink coffee and wake up… I answer a lot of them privately but I guess people like reading this stuff!